Trusting the Invisible, Visibly!
by Sylane Mack
Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the first born over all creation.
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in Jesus,
and through him to reconcile to himself all things,
whether things on earth or things in heaven,
by making peace through Jesus’ blood shed on the cross. – Colossians 1:15, 19
We live by faith, not by sight. – 2 Corinthians 5:7
Let your light so shine before men [and women, boys and girls!],
that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
– Matthew 5:16
We, who have put our faith in Jesus as Messiah, have put our trust in the Invisible. Not exactly a natural, practical or success-driven choice, is it? Nope. It goes against our let me see, hear, touch, taste and smell something to know that it’s real. It goes against our sense of practicality that tells us that we must do Step A, B and C in order to manage our lives. It goes against our need to be the one in control of our lives (and of all those around us!) in order to be successful in this life – in our work, in our family, in our fame, in our fate.
We, who have put our trust in Jesus as the Son of the Invisible God – who died a cruel and ugly death for the forgiveness of our sins, who conquered death fully through his resurrection to give us life with our Holy God and Eternal Abba forever – are called to trust in the Invisible…and do so visibly. Yes, although we are called to live by faith and not by sight we are also called to let our light – given by the Light of the world, Jesus Christ – to so shine that others will visibly see what we do…Visibly see that Jesus has made a very real, tangible, eternal – and right here and now – difference in our lives. The Invisible God intends to make Himself visible – make His Love, Grace, Truth, Peace and Hope known – to others by how we live our lives.
Yep, this is BIG job for us as God’s children. Remember, though, that ALL that we need to visibly live out our trust in the Invisible God is all given to us by Him – given by God’s Sovereign and Intimate Love, by God’s Spirit and by God’s Eternal Word. Are you taking time to be filled up deeply in your own mind, body, spirit and soul to sense God’s Invisible Presence, to have your burdens lightened and your whole being enlightened by the Light of Jesus?
Do this, and you will not be able to hide the light of Jesus to those around you! You will love more sincerely, speak more truthfully, act more kindly, help more willingly, offer your gifts more generously and fill those around you more fully with a hope that flows from the very heart of God and His unfailing love and unlimited power to save and transform lives!
Trusting in the Invisible, visibly, is a grand and glorious call…and a heart-pumping, adventurous, powerful way to live!
VISIBLE ways to trust and serve our INVISIBLE GOD!
In recent newsletters you’ve read that God has brought TBG and Compassion International together…about how Wess Stafford, President of CI, and Sylane share a similar story of childhood abuse and God’s redeeming intervention. Over the next few weeks and months TBG will be piloting a co-sponsorship series of talks with Compassion International. Here’s what we, with much prayer, communication and work (!) with Compassion, will be doing:
- TBG will reach out to local, regional (and beyond) churches and organizations to ask them to HOST an event which will be co-sponsored by TBG and CI at no cost to them. The hosts will receive promotional materials in advance to announce:
- The Story of Grace and Compassion – Freedom in Jesus, with the message given by Sylane Mack
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children around the world
- The PURPOSE of these Grace and Compassion events will be three-fold:
- To grow the Kingdom of God, the Body of Christ, both in numbers and in regards to a deeper understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus. Yes, our INVISIBLE GOD saves and transforms His people VISIBLY!
- To tell in a powerful way the message of how the grace and compassion of Jesus Christ sets people free from the bondages of poverty at every level – whether that poverty be spiritual, emotional, social, physical or economic. This is a perfect convergence of what the ministries of TBG and CI have been called to VISIBLY proclaim!
- To encourage people to sponsor a CI child, those precious ones who are among the youngest of the least, the last and the lost – so that one child at a time (and another and another!) will be given the opportunity to VISIBLY break free of the bondages of poverty in Jesus’ Name.
- Compassion’s design department will provide a pre-event promotional template and CI will send videos, info materials and sponsorship packets in advance of each event. As well, CI is committed to helping support the ministry of TBG through a financial gift for each child sponsored.
- God has called TBG to take a huge step of faith by seeking out HOSTS to open their doors so that we may pilot these Grace and Compassion programs at no cost to the HOSTS. We are TRUSTING our INVISIBLE GOD to provide for our VISIBLE needs!
WE NEED YOU TO HELP US TAKE THESE VISIBLE STEPS OF FAITH! Here are some very specific ways YOU can help:
- Help TBG make contact with possible Hosts that YOU have a connection with for these Grace and Compassion programs.
- BECOME A PARTNER IN GRACE FINANCIALLY!
- TBG will accrue new costs in creating, printing and mailing quality materials, traveling and ministering in order to develop and execute these Grace and Compassion programs.
- We truly are a not-for-profit organization, fully dependent on GOD and on ALL of YOU to provide the funds so that we may VISIBLY carry out our Conference Speaking Ministry, wherever we are called, AND our Counseling Ministry as we daily serve many individuals, couples and families within the Delaware Valley region.
- PLEASE join us as a committed monthly Partner in Grace now! For those of you who are our current PinGs – Thank You! We encourage YOU to seek God about increasing your financial support to this ministry dedicated to VISIBLY offering the transforming grace of Jesus Christ with passion and purpose!
Take VISIBLE steps through prayer and financial gifts to help further the Kingdom of God for little ones…and bigger ones!
WHAT WE’VE DONE and WHERE WE’VE BEEN LATELY!
- September 28 – October 2 – in Nashville, TN – Teresa Warren and Sylane Mack attended the 2011 World Conference hosted by American Association of Christian Counselors. Almost 7,000 psychiatrists, doctors, pastors, counselors and support ministry representatives from all 50 states and approximately 40 other countries came together to worship, learn, network, become more fully equipped and encouraged to carry out the powerful and humbling call to counsel hurting people in Jesus’ name. This was VISIBLY done by the power and love of our INVISIBLE GOD! May GOD’s good work continue far and wide for the healing and transformation of many, and especially for those in the Body of Christ!
- October 8 – in Columbia, MD – the Simply You Fashion Show – This VISIBLY beautiful event raised awareness and funds to support survivors of cancer and domestic violence. Sylane (Miss December!) was one of 12 models, all survivors themselves, for this event AND for the 2012 Simply You Calendar (testimonies included)! Julia Mack ministered through songs – thanking God for giving hope in the most difficult of times AND celebrating each person’s beauty in spite of any ugliness experienced! Tim Mack participated as TBG Ministry Support and Fabulous Husband and Daddy! Awwwwwww!
ORDER your 2012 Simply You Calendar(s) which celebrates God’s love, presence and power in the lives of real people who have survived great adversity! Go online at: www.atikal.org/simplyyou.html OR order them directly from the founder of Restoration Continuum, Dr. Nicole Barber @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 9 – in Langhorne, PA – Sylane Mack shared her story – God’s story of His powerful, transforming LOVE – with one of Grace Point’s Life Groups made up of young professionals. Allison Taite-Tarver, a TBG Counselor, also attended to support and participate in offering the transforming grace of our Lord Jesus. Consider inviting Sylane or another TBG minister to speak at your own Small Group/Life Group!
WHAT WE’LL BE DOING NEXT!
- October 21 – 22 – in Hawthorne, NJ – the 51st New Jersey Christian Ministries’ Convention – Rachel Mack and Teresa Warren will be co-teaching a workshop on Saturday morning entitled, Loss – A Pathway to God. This is such a great opportunity for these two TBG Speakers, both with life-changing stories and God-given wisdom, to minister together in such powerful and relevant ways! Pray that through their teaching many will find encouragement and healing in their own losses. Sylane Mack will be serving with them in prayer and hosting at our TBG ministry table. Plan to attend! Come by the TBG Table to visit and encourage us!
PLANNING AN EVENT – OUTREACH, CONFERENCE, RETREAT?
If YOU or ANYONE you know – locally, nationally or internationally – are interested in booking an event with Sylane Mack, or any of our other Conference Speakers from Transformed By Grace, PLEASE contact DeAnne Harland, our Administrative Assistant, via the TBG phone: 215.497.0882 or office email: Info@transformedbygrace.org
We desire to VISIBLY serve our INVISIBLE GOD in sharing His transforming gospel of grace, truth and unfailing love!
I consider my life worth nothing to me,
if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me
– the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace. – Acts 20:24
Remember to visit SYLANE MACK on FACEBOOK!
PRAY that our God will use this cyber-space connection to connect many more lives to our Lord Jesus Christ, who is our LIFE! Get on there and LIKE it!!!
Order your copy of Convinced! now!
With love and prayers through our Lord Jesus Christ
And on behalf of the Board and Staff of Transformed by Grace –
TRANSFORMED BY GRACE, Inc., P.O. Box 976, Newtown, PA 18940