Our Unfailing Power Source!
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. – 2 Peter 1:3
Many of you who receive our TBG Newsletter have just experienced the east-coast earthquake on August 23 and Hurricane Irene the following weekend. As was I, so might you have been (or still may be), without power – at least electrically.
In spite of that loss of power, we who are believers in Jesus Christ as our Savior and trust in God’s Eternal Word are never without His divine power! It is through our knowledge of Him and through receiving the divine power our God has given us that we are able to move through and deal with the most inconvenient of circumstances and, even more promising, we are able to heal from the most devastating of hurts and losses in our lives.
Our God is Mighty. He never loses His Power. And God’s divine power is always available, offering us His love, joy, peace, hope, strength, courage, wisdom, mercy and forgiveness for ourselves and towards others. In our Lord Jesus Christ we are able to live – to think and speak and act – connected to the divine, unfailing power source of our Mighty God! But, will we?
When I read what God’s Word has to say: His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness – my two questions (that I truly do ask myself over and over again!) come to mind in the midst of these major events and the loss of some earthly power sources:
- 1. Do you believe it?
- 2. What are you going to do about it?
I pray that we will all answer with a strong “YES!” to the first question – as we take God at God’s Word. The second question must be answered daily as we each choose to intentionally and actively – and humbly – trust God and seek to know Him through His Word AND choose to receive and apply God’s divine power, His truths and His ways to our own lives.
It is in an intimate relationship with our Lord Jesus that we will be open to receive His divine power for everything we need for life and godliness…for everything we need to live a life that is filled and flowing with His glory and goodness – filled and flowing with our God’s Unfailing Power Source!
Counseling Ministry –
We are so thankful for each of our five TBG Counselors! We do not take this task lightly, and ask that you, our friends and Partners in Grace, please keep us lifted in prayer as we minister the love, grace, truth, healing and transforming power of our Lord Jesus Christ to the many individuals, couples and families with whom we meet. Pray for each counselor to remain fully dependent on God’s wisdom and Word as we serve so intimately in the lives of others. Pray for those we counsel, that God’s divine power will be unleashed in each life in amazing and eternal ways! Pray that each one will know Jesus as Savior and Lord and be fully set free by His unfailing love!
Connections and Contacts –
How beautiful is the Body of Christ! This June we connected – up close and personal – with two faithful and powerful ministries: Compassion International and Navigators while out in Colorado. Please pray as Sylane is in discussion with Compassion about the possibility of serving via their Speakers’ Network and with Navigators about offering some counselor training pertinent to ministering to those who have been abused. May God guide every thing we do in every way!
FALL – FORWARD!
CONFERENCES and CALENDARS –
- September 28 – October 1 – in Nashville, TN – Teresa Warren and Sylane Mack will attend the 2011 World Conference hosted by American Association of Christian Counselors. This is an incredible event where world-renown speakers (including our friend Dr. Wess Stafford of Compassion International!), psychiatrists, doctors, pastors, counselors and many support ministry representatives come together to worship, learn, network, become more fully equipped and encouraged to carry out the powerful and humbling call to counsel hurting people in Jesus’ name. Sylane is also looking forward to meeting with her fellow Board Members of BAACC – Black African-American Association of Christian Counselors.
- October 8 – in Columbia, MD for the Simply You Fashion Show – Yes! Sylane is one of the 12 models – all survivors of cancer or domestic violence – for both the 2012 Simply You Calendar (in which our stories are included) and for the Simply You Fashion Show! Go on line at: www.atikal.org/simplyyou.html to:
- Learn more about this fabulous ministry, Restoration Continuum, founded by Dr. Nicole Barber
- Order your tickets for the Simply You Fashion Show
- Purchase your 2012 Simply You Calendar(s)!
TBG will be hosting a ministry table at this event AND Julia Mack will minister through song! Please plan to attend this worthwhile event! Encourage everyone you know in the Greater Baltimore Area to attend also! AND Order those 2012 Simply You Calendars now – a great ministry tool, a great gift! BTW: Sylane is Miss December!
- October 9 – in Newtown, PA – Sylane Mack will be sharing her story – God’s story of His powerful, transforming LOVE – with one of Grace Point’s Life Groups – geared mostly to young professionals.
- October 21 – 22 – in Hawthorne, NJ – the 51st New Jersey Christian Ministries’ Convention – Rachel Mack and Teresa Warren will be co-teaching a workshop on Saturday morning entitled, Loss – A Pathway to God. This is such a great opportunity for these two TBG Speakers, both with life-changing stories and God-given wisdom, to minister together in such powerful and relevant ways! Pray that through their teaching many will find encouragement and healing in their own losses. Sylane Mack will be serving with them in prayer and hosting at our TBG ministry table. Plan to attend! Come by the TBG Table to visit and encourage us!
PLANNING AN EVENT – OUTREACH, CONFERENCE, RETREAT?
If YOU or ANYONE you know – locally, nationally or internationally – are interested in booking an event with Sylane Mack, or any of our other Conference Speakers from Transformed By Grace, PLEASE contact DeAnne Harland, our Administrative Assistant, via the TBG phone: 215.497.0882 or office email: Info@transformedbygrace.org
We desire to Speak Up to serve our God and share His transforming gospel of grace, truth and unfailing love!
I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace. – Acts 20:24
Remember to visit SYLANE MACK on FACEBOOK!
PRAY that our God will use this cyber-space connection to connect many more lives to our Lord Jesus Christ, who is our LIFE!
Get on there and LIKE it!!!
Order your copy of Convinced! now!
PLEASE become a Partner in Grace (our PinG!) with us!
We truly need each one of YOU, your Prayers and your Financial Support to help us carry out this ministry of God’s Transforming Grace – through our Counseling and Conference Speaking Ministries!
Please JOIN with us as a Partner in Grace!
You can NOW give your donation via paypal on our website @ www.transformedbygrace.org OR
You can always STILL join us as a Partner in Grace via more traditional routes:
- Send your gifts and prayer commitments directly to: P.O. Box 976, Newtown, PA 18940
- Call the TBG office at 215.497.0882
- Send an email to email@example.com
THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERY BIT OF PRAYER AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT THAT YOU GRACIOUSLY SHARE WITH US!
With love and prayers through our Lord Jesus Christ
And on behalf of the Board and Staff of Transformed by Grace –
TRANSFORMED BY GRACE, Inc., P.O. Box 976, Newtown, PA 18940