Convinced by Him
In Whom We Have Believed!
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord
…This grace was given us in Christ Jesus…
who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher.
That is why I am suffering as I am.
Yet I am not ashamed,
because I know whom I have believed,
and am convinced
that He is able to guard
what I have entrusted to Him for that day.
2 Timothy 1:7-12
Oh! To know and have a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline (of a sound mind – according to some translations) no matter what we may be experiencing!
When the Apostle Paul wrote this, he had been imprisoned and chained in a Roman dungeon by Emperor Nero. He was suffering. He was lonely. He was close to the end of his life. Yet Paul was unflinching in his hope in Christ! He was convinced of his Lord’s faithfulness to him – no matter what!
Paul passionately imparted the gospel message of Jesus Christ – telling of His death for our sins, His resurrection for our eternal life – with every breath he had left on this earth! So that any and all who listened would believe and be saved!
Jesus has accomplished it all! Jesus offers us full forgiveness, eternal life with our God and renewal of our lives and minds right here and now on this side of heaven!
And we too have been given a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline to proclaim the gospel and transformation that our Lord Jesus Christ offers to all! This is the call that belongs to each one of us as followers of Jesus.
This is our clear mission as ambassadors of Christ who serve via the ministry of Transformed by Grace. And because we are convinced of the faithfulness of our Lord Jesus Christ, we are unashamed of sharing the truth of His unfailing love and sacrificed life with all those who share this life with us!
As Paul invited his contemporaries, so we invite you:
Join with us in this call – this life call of trusting in and telling of Him in whom we have believed!
Rejoice in our Convincing Lord!
– Updates –
Over the last few months we have been given so many opportunities to serve as ambassadors of Christ in numerous private counseling sessions – planned and unplanned with our six TBG Counselors – and in various speaking engagements locally and not-so-local with our three Speakers and TBG ministry team members!
Our recently completed speaking events include:
- April 8 – Lydia Austin, accompanied by DeAnne Harland, as the TBG ministry partner, spoke to a MOPS group at the Pilgrim Church in Manayunk, PA, challenging and encouraging all moms, in their uncontrollable worlds – with their ducks going in every direction, to “let go and let God” take control.
- May 1 – Rachel Mack spoke at the Mother-Daughter Brunch held at Trinity Bible Church in Bristol, PA sharing “Bad Hair Days, Bloating, Bathing Suit Shopping and Other Things that Affect my Attitude“ and giving the remedy – to P.R.A.I.S.E
- April 29–May 1 – Sylane Mack and Teresa Warren, one of our TBG Counselors, attended the BAACC Summit VIII in Atlanta, Georgia where Sylane presented the workshop: Transforming Counseling: Counselors as Vessels of God’s Freeing Truth
· May 2 – Sylane Mack shared her powerful testimony at Bridgeway Church in Alpharetta, Georgia at the Sunday worship service and with the Adult Fellowship Group
(This was a special connection for Sylane as she was invited by Sherry and Clay Auwarter who had previously served as Camp Directors for Ontario Bible Camp where, at seven years old, Sylane put her trust in Jesus Christ as her Savior!)
- June 5 – Sylane Mack facilitated a two session Counselor and Staff Training Workshop hosted at Black Rock Congregational Church in Fairfield, CT for the volunteers who willserve abused and neglected children forthe 2010Royal Family Kids Campthis August. Cindy Falltserved as the TBG ministry partner.
- June 6 – Sylane Mack, with Cindy Fallt and Kristin Chace as TBG team members, declared God’s salvation and honor, healing and transformation that are all completely dependent on God at two Sunday Morning Worship Services andagain at an evening Healing and Prayer Service held atHuntington Chapelin Shelton, CT.
Rejoice in our Convincing Lord!
– Continued…always! –
Whether we minister in the intimacy of the individual, couple or family counseling sessions or in the dynamic forum of speaking to various groups (all made up of various individuals!) our message is always grounded in the grace and truth of God’s Word and empowered by His Spirit who transforms lives!
We have been humbled and awed at the work of our Lord in our midst! Many individuals have placed their faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior for the very first time – from those we share with and minister to in the counseling sessions, in the speaking engagements at churches or in the prison ministries!
Others have contacted us after reading Sylane’s book, Convinced! to tell us that they know they “need Jesus!” They need Him as their Savior and as the only One who can heal them and help them forgive those who have caused them pain in some way.
Others have been encouraged to trust God more fully and believe His Word that declares the passionate, unlimited, unfailing, unending love He has for them! And still others have been challenged to allow the Spirit of the Living God to truly rule over their lives and empower them to live with Jesus Christ as not only their Savior but also as their Lord!
We thank our God for what He has allowed us to do and witness via the ministry of TBG! We have seen our Lord Jesus call people to Himself in order to save, transform and renew many, many lives – for their freedom and His glory! Amen!
And we thank each of you who has ministered to us at TBG through your prayers and your financial gifts that allow us to continue to do what we have been called to do!
Please JOIN with us as a Partner in Grace!
Become a PinG!
Your faithful prayers and financial gifts provide the tangible and greatly needed support necessary to carry out God’s call on the ministry of Transformed By Grace!
Your FINANCIAL gifts help to provide:
- Counseling Services for those struggling financially
- Conference Speaking Events for many churches and small groups who do not have sufficient funds
- Purchasing Bibles for those without resources
- Purchasing copies of Convinced! for some with whom we counsel and for many other ministry contacts
- Administrative stewardship of this ministry
Your gifts of PRAYERS help to provide:
- The right attitude of humble and complete dependence on our God for all that we do within the counseling, speaking and administrative ministries of TBG
- The spiritual, emotional and mental support we need as members belonging to the entire Body of Christ
- The deep and persistent intercession we need so that we may intimately and powerfully enter into people’s lives with the love, grace and truth of Jesus Christ that transforms and heals His people in mighty ways
- The strength and refreshment that we need when the battle for people’s souls, minds and lives are fierce
- The joy of celebrating together the victories of our Lord Jesus as He transforms one life, one couple, one family, one circumstance, one place at a time!
To become a PARTNER in GRACE:
- Fill out and mail in the enclosed PinG form
- Or visit our website at www.transformedbygrace.org
- Or call the TBG office at 215.497.0882
- Or send your gifts directly to
P.O. Box 976, Newtown, PA 18940
God’s Convincing Work continues through the book
God is using Convinced! in powerful ways that encourage, challenge and minister healing and freedom to those who have read it! All glory to God! Such joy for us!
You may order your copy (or several!) today via:
http://www.createspace.com/3404109 (our preferred site, Createspace, is more generous with royalties)
A Special Offer: If you want to order 10 or more copies of Convinced!, please contact TBG @ 215.497.0882 or @ email@example.com
We will be happy to work out a discount for you or your church and have the books shipped directly to you.
Remember to join us on the 10th day of each month as we passionately PRAY for God’s life-giving, life-freeing, transforming work to be done in the lives of all with whom we minister -at conferences, counseling sessions, on corners and in coffee shops!